- Master in Business Administration, 1974
- Juris Doctor,Columbia University 1972
- University in the City of New York, United States of America (Bachelor of Arts, 1969)
- Company: TAPIA, LINARES Y ALFARO
- Title: Founding Partner
- Year of entry: 1972
Memberships and Awards:
- National Bar Association of Panama
- Panama Association of Banking Law (President, 1984-1986)
- Maritime Law Association of Panama (Member of the Board of Directors, 1989)
- International Lawyers Association of Panama (Founding Member and First President 1995-1996)
- Panamanian Committee of Human Rights (former Vice-President, 1990)
- Panamanian Institute of Arts (Museum of Contemporary Art) (former President, 1987-1991)
- Journal “La Prensa” Member of the Editorial Board 1992-1997
- Alternate Justice of the Supreme Court of Panama, 1990-1997
- Representative of Panama, Consultative Committee of the Panama Canal, 1990-1999
- Member of the Legal Commission that drafted the enabling legislation for the Panama Canal Authority
- Member of the Panama Canal Transition Presidential Commission, 1994
- Member of the High Level Presidential Commission against money laundering proceeding from Drug Trafficking (1994).
- Member of National Foreign Relations Committee, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Panama, (1995-2000; 2004-2009)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Panama Canal Authority (the Panamanian entity responsible for the administration of the Panama Canal) – Member of the first board of directors since 1998, appointed by the President of the Republic of Panama and confirmed by the Legislature to serve for a nine year term (February 1998 – March 2007).
- Embassy of Panama, Washington, D.C. Ambassador of Panama to the White House, January 1998 – August 1999.
- Named Executive of the Year 2011 by Panamanian Association of Business Executives (APEDE).
- Arbitration, Banking, Contracts, Corporate, Real Estate and Property, Trust, Mergers & Acquisitions, Maritime.